Monday, December 2, 2013

601 La Bomba F-bomb





Espinosa Cigars
La Zona factory Esteli, Nicaragua
Erik Espinosa

 Erik Espinosa gives a tour oh the La Zona cigar factory in Esteli, Nicaragua
at the You Tube link bellow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elWCOjMmWwQ

This video was posted by Cigar Snob Magazine

Full flavor cigar
Puro Nicaraguan
Filler: Long leaf Nicaraguan.
Binder: Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Habano Ligero Nicaraguan (Ligero is tobacco picked from the top of the plant.)
Ligero (lee-HAIR-oh)

Sizes of 601 La Bomba cigar line.
Atom: 5-1/2 x 46
Napalm: 5 x 52
Nuclear: 6 x 50
Atomic: 6 x 60
F-Bomb: 7 x 70

The cigar smoked for this review
601 F-bomb 7 x 70

Cigar weight 0.98 oz


La Bomba F- Bomb




The 601 La Bomba F-bomb is fine looking with silky and oily leather wrapper.
This baby is a large cigar 70 ring gauge by 7 inches.
The 601 La Bomba F-bomb is handsomely hand rolled with very tight seams.



The cap is custom crafted with an extra long pigtail to make it look like a stick of dynamite. All you have to do is light it to make it explode with flavor.



The foot shows the excellent hand construction of this fine cigar.




The cap cut very cleanly showing the splendid tobacco used in the 601 La Bomba F-bomb. The draw was a little to easy for my taste, but this is a big cigar and has a large diameter giving it more air volume on each draw.



The foot of the 601 La Bomba F-bomb toasted evenly and the cigar lit on the first attempt.



A peppery, nutty, cocoa, leathery and coffee explosion occurred my mouth on the first puff. No harshness or off tastes. Even though this is a full flavored cigar it was not over powering. A good amount of oil was deposited on my tongue. The combination of tobaccos used in this cigar was designed to deliver a balanced taste with out being overwhelming.
Everyone I spoke to about this cigar said that the 601 La Bomba F-bomb was a strong smoke. I was expecting a rougher tasting cigar, but this cigar is smooth and a pleasure to smoke.




The first third developed into a powerful, but a delightful smoke. A lot of oil was deposited onto my tongue. The flavor lasted between each puff giving me a long and delicious smoke.
The 601 La Bomba F-bomb was a gift from a good friend of mine, Claudio, who happens to love this cigar. He is intrigued with the taste of this cigar as well as the name F-bomb. Thank you Claudio for this great smoke.
This is what cigar smoking is all about.


The second third continued to pickup in the flavor with lots of oil in the mouth, but the over all flavor of  the F-bomb was smooth and luscious. I had a couple of small burn issues with this cigar and had to touch it up a few times, nothing major.


The last third of the 601 La Bomba F-bomb remained smooth and oily. The pepper died down a bit, the nutty, cocoa, leathery and coffee flavors continued to the end. I enjoyed this cigar so much that I put a toothpick in the end of the cigar so I could get every possible bit of smoke out of the F-Bomb.
I like Nicaraguan tobacco, I think it is some of the best tobacco in the world. It is no wonder that I like this F-Bomb puro Nicaraguan.





All good things must come to an end, as well as this fine smoke.





I liked this cigar and I am looking forward to enjoying the other sizes in this exceptional cigar line. You will find this cigar in my humidor.
Give this cigar a try. I think you will like it.


Thanks again Claudio.


Enjoy.


Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em.


If you have any comments please leave them at the bottom of this blog or feel free to email me at




No comments:

Post a Comment